Sunday

insecurity

Dec and I have just decided that we are not going to ever have an emergency that requires the police to come to our house.

About twenty minutes ago, while we were both working away at our computers, we heard a massive auto accident outside. We went outside to check it out, and it looked like two cars collided over by the corner. So I called 911. I gave the operator the address. Apparently they were receiving other calls about it at the same time.

Like I said, that was twenty minutes ago. The first emergency response vehicle has finally shown up.

It's a firetruck.

I really, really hope we never need the police here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I never mind when the firemen show up. Oh, but I see your point - yeah. You could pull my parent's trick. "I believe an officer is involved..."