Tuesday

first snow

Setting aside the preview of the last two days, this morning was Puppy's first foray into snow. Real snow. Meaning inches of snow and not just ice. (Though yesterday's ice was amusing as I watched her try to keep a grip on her footing, which was markedly better than her footing on my parents' overly slicked kitchen floors.)

She didn't like it.

I'm unsure if I should be grateful for this or not. On the one hand, this means that I'll have minimal wet dog smell to deal with this winter. On the other hand, it's going to be a long winter of getting her to go outside and take care of business.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no pictures‽

Melyngoch said...

you have snow there . . . ?

sigh.

Christian said...

Don't be jealous. Snow is of the devil.

Cricket said...

Maybe you can make her giant "litter box" on the porch with wood chips

Anonymous said...

We didn't get snow! Yet.

No, I'm not jealous. Far from it, actually. Haha.

Unknown said...

Our dog apparently does not like upstate New York Snow. Sonny refuses to venture out in the stuff now. He's seen snow before. I'm not sure what to do other than move for the winter.

The vet says it's all the change in the last few months with the different homes. We'll see as the snow keeps falling.

Sir Robert Chiltern said...

Our family dog loves the snow. She's a smaller dog though, so she does these cute hopping motions through the snow when it's really deep (picture a bunny). I'm always amazed how she ends up at the back door covered with snow. Clearly, we were not bred for the same climate.