Friday

restless

Today wraps up my second week of official vacation/sabbatical/unemployment. I remember looking forward to this time off, but as of Day 2 (last week, mind you), I find myself to be quite bored. Which isn't to say that I haven't been busy, because I have. It's just that I find that I like going to work and having something productive to do.

And I hate job hunting. With a passion. Which is why I also avoid referring to this time as unemployment. The big question, always, is how long do I pick and choose what I'm going to apply for. Eventually that luxury disappears. Right now, I'm still able to pop of a couple of applications a day. Not that anyone is calling me back. But still . . .

In the mean time, I've been spending time puttering around the house. Dec and I have put shelving up in the garage. It's totally slammin' in its awesomeness. Once I decide that we can afford the doors, maybe I'll take a picture and let you see it's transcendent glory. Today I began scanning all my old pictures. Reliving some of those memories has been grand, even if scanning picture after picture is somewhat of a pain in the ass. And I rediscovered all my old papers that I've written. Yes, I apparently save everything.

And I spend quite a bit of time with the puppies. I think they like it. Well, as much as dogs who spend their entire life sleeping can like it. Puppatrix (because I'm re-nyming the dogs to avoid the awkwardness of Puppy 1 and Puppy 2) spends her time curled up on the couch. Puppicent, on the other hand, is only content if she is sleeping within three feet of you. Even those days we were working in the garage, she would plop within a few feet. Even if you get up to walk into the kitchen to get a drink of water, she too will get up, follow you, plop down on the kitchen floor, then follow you back into the office. It's almost entertaining. Okay. It is entertaining, as evidenced by the fact that I look for excuses to stop in every room of the house along the way just to watch her get up and plop down and get up and plop down.

Oh. And I lose Scrabulous to Samantha. Because Scrabulous doesn't like all my words.

No comments: