Tuesday

The Demigod Files

The Demigod Files
by Rick Riordan
YA fantasy. 151 pp.
Hyperion. 2009.

back copy:

Young demigods, brace yourselves for a peek inside the highly classified Demigod Files! Compiled by Camp Half-Blood's senior scribe, Rick Riordan, these top secret archives include three of Percy Jackson's most perilous adventures and behind-the-scenes interviews with your favorite characters—Connor and Travis, Clarisse, Annabeth, Grover, and Percy. Become an authority on Percy's world with this must-have guide to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.

So, we know that I lurve me some Percy Jackson. I had forgotten that this little nugget was to be released until I happened to be at the Devil's Den buying a birthday present for Bruce and saw sitting there, begging to be bought. So I bought it. And enjoyed it. This book consists of a few short stories, some character interviews, and some puzzles. I like that it fleshes the characters out a bit more. What I wonder, though, is if Riordan is using the short stories to move the principals along to where they need to be for the final volume, The Last Olympian. All I know is that I'm glad to have a little bit of Percy to tide me over until May.

1 comment:

caribookscoops said...

I read The Lightning Thief a little while back for a book club I belong to and really enjoyed it. I'm excited to read the other books in the series. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.