Thursday

the cursed season

I hate snow.

With a passion.

So I wasn't too thrilled to shovel the walks at the gym tonight. Twice.

Fortunately, Dec had shoveled the driveway and walks at the house before I got home, so I didn't have to do it yet again tonight.

And I don't understand why there weren't any plows out during the afternoon. It's not like this snowstorm was a surprise. I'm also perplexed as to why when they finally came out, they would scrape off the top layer of snow and just leave that bottom, happy layer of ice. Without putting any salt or sand on it, even. I'm just not quite getting that.

Of course, I shouldn't complain too much. I-80 and Parley's were actually quite clean. Although they were wet, and I'm sure they'll be a luge track before the night's through.

Regardless, the party is still on for tomorrow.

Hot cocoa and toasted marshmallows . . . *sigh of contentment*

No comments: