Tuesday

i is for

iPod

I think life would not be worth living without my little iPod.

Okay. That's a slight exaggeration. But life would be markedly less enjoyable were it not for my faithful, little friend.

Setting aside his musical capacity for a moment, let's talk about his other virtues.

Virtue the First: He stores all my contacts. That's really quite convenient since my computer is a bit bulky to carry around everywhere.

Virtue the Second: He also stores my calendar. This isn't as useful to me, but that's primarily because my calendar is always the same.

Virtue the Third: He plays videos. This came in especially handy when my DVR refused to record the first episode of Desperate Housewives this season.

Virtue the Fourth: He stores photos. Lots of them. I'm still trying to figure out how to make him store the ones I want him to store though. That's been a trial.

Virtue the Ultimate: Music. Oh, yes, the music. Currently, he has 4552 songs. That's 11.7 days of music, people. And he stores such a variety. There's the pop and the dance and the Broadway and the scores and the opera and the rock and the ballroom and the Latin and the country and it continues on and on. The beauty part is the shuffle function. So I get to listen to some Magic Flute followed by some Beatles followed by John Philip Sousa. Does life get any better? I didn't think so.

To add to the bliss of all this, he's as meticulously organized as I am. That's right, he does playlists so I don't have to listen to the music he stores that I don't actually like.

Of course, iPod hasn't always been faithful. Last year, when I was training for the Event of Stupiditiy, he decided to cease and desist from working. Yep. He locked up solid. It was quite the pain. Running 18 miles in training with only my thoughts for company--thoughts which consisted primarily of guttural oaths questioning the sanity of training for an Event of Stupidity--wasn't what I'd consider ideal.

But I forgave him, because his death enabled me to upgrade to the color video version. And the new version was slimmer. So it was a good thing.

This post has been brought to you by Il Divo.

So how cool is it that we have an opera boy band? Way cool. Need I say more? I didn't think so.

(Normally, alpha posts are also brought to you by an author. But I don't think I have any i authors I especially adore. So they're not sponsoring this post.)


A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

4 comments:

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said...

I imagine In-style Invader Ili-pika incited intense intoxication at the re-initiation of the indexed information. I indulge I-self with intense infatuation at Instyle's inspiration.

Th. said...

.

Allefreakinglujah was the word that hit me galeforce when I saw the return of the alphabiography.

Hooray for Edgy!

And I have to say your New Blogger redesign is quite nice. I like.

B.G. Christensen said...

Well done, my child. Now just don't do any more, lest you make the song untrue.

eleka nahmen said...

iPods bring me such joy! I'm completely with you on the "Life's not worth living without one" bit. It's the closest thing to giving my life a soundtrack.

Yay for the alphabiography's return!