Monday

nickel and dimed

I'm not in a very good mood right now. I'm not sure why. I just know that there's . . . anger . . . aggression . . . fire. So I made sure my bag was packed and ready to go the minute my evening desk help got in, because, well, me + people = a really bad idea right now.

However.

I went to Starbucks. I ordered a venti vanilla chai. I intended to use the last $.05 on my gift card and then pay the rest in cash. But their computer was down. So I got my drink for a nickel. You can't even get penny candy for a nickel nowadays.

Maybe the evening is starting to look up.*



*Except I'm going in to start taking the tape off the walls in the Swanky Lounge o' Sexiness. Either the evening will get better or worse. I guess we'll find out.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is happiness. I had a gift card that lasted a solid two weeks with about $2 on it. I kept getting the same cashier who apparently didn't know how to use gift cards. I just thought someone magically kept replenishing the card. I was happy. Then the register Nazi put an end to my happiness in week 3.