Saturday

invisible man

So I seem to have been absent from my blog for quite some time now. (Some time being defined as three weeks.) There are, of course, reasons for this.

Primary among said reasons is general busy-ness. This accounts for the daytime hours. The evening hours have been taken up with, well, social activities. I know that's unusual for me, but it's true. In fact, this is the first time I've turned my home computer on since last Saturday.

There are few exciting details to relate about my life for the past three weeks. I've hung with friends. I've spent time with Dec. (We're re-dating, and it's a good thing—things are different and better this time.) I had a cold. For a week. Which is also very unusual for me.

But that's the past. I'm trying to get back into my blogging. I have drafts for six posts (five of which are reviews) that I need to finish. And I want to figure out where I want to take my blog. For starters, I've been debating over the last couple days why I persist in anonymity. When I started, I posted anonymously because, well, all my friends posted anonymously. And I posted a bit about work, so I felt it prudent to remain anonymous. But I wonder if I need to continue that. I'm sure it would be wise, since one day I'll work for someone who isn't the 'rents again, and I'm sure work material will crop up. But then, I really haven't posted much about the gym. Despite strong desires to do so in order that I may vent about Peppermint Patty and how much I despise her.

So I'm thinking of removing my nym from my posting and actually using my name. May as well.

Of course, part of that is also because my siblings have finally joined the blogosphere. I link them in the sidebar. And since they're not anonymous, I might not be either. I guess we'll see how long I like that.

Anyway. That's that and this is this and I've rambled on enough. (See. If I posted more regularly, I wouldn't be inclined to ramble when I do post.)

7 comments:

B.G. Christensen said...

I enjoy having a pseudonym even without the anonymity. You've gone to a lot of trouble to establish Edgy Killer Bunny as a denizen of the blogosphere, after all. You might as well keep him around, even if you put your real name on your profile. What I'm trying to say is that everyone should do like me.

B.G. Christensen said...

Oh, and I would also like to point out that since the title of this post obviously references Ralph Ellison's Invisible Man, you are still free to reference H.G. Wells's The Invisible Man on some future post.

Desmama said...

I'm glad you're back! I was starting to get a little worried. I'm going to make your wassail again this week, and I will, of course, garner rave reviews about it. You'd better hire a lawyer, s'all I'm sayin', because it's gonna make me rich!

Christian said...

I love wassail season! It makes me all sorts of happy. Happy enough to even use an exclamation point.

Damn it. I'm emulating Fobby again. And to think that all I want is to be my own person. ;)

Actually, I intend to use The Invisible Man as well. I even had another post percolating in my mind last night wherein that would be an appropriate title. Though, truth be told, I have no qualms about reusing titles.

Th. said...

.

I would say stick with Edgy because there are fewer Edgys than Christians and it makes you easier to identify.

As for me, even without true anonymity (a clever person can crack my real name in milliseconds), I like the lark of being Thmazing. Of being Theric. Of being whoever exactly I feel like being.

In American culture, we don't come of age and choose a new, more appropriate name--we're stuck with the one our parents gave us.

But I don't think that's natural. Take me. Take Fobbie. Take Jay-Z. It is part of nature to adopt new names as part of building a fuller sense of self.

Christian and Edgy are not synonymous even if they do both refer to the same person.

I like Ben's method, and if you're hellbent on putting your name up front, I suggest doing it his way.

B.G. Christensen said...

Th., Mr. Fob, and Jay-Z: the triumvirate of non-anonymous pseudonymity. Really I group the three of us together in so many contexts, it's baffling that Jay and I haven't met in person yet. What's he like, Th.?

Cricket said...

Yay!! glad to have you back!!!!!